divendres, 28 de setembre del 2007

Message in a bottle


Yesterday I went with some friends to the The Police concert. It was great! But, for God’s sake! I have never seen so many people together. According to the papers, there were about fifty-five thousand people. Not bad! First of all, we made a rendezvous at the Sortidor Square, in Poble Sec. David, Eline, Paula (the Argentinean girl), Frede, Martí, Sílvia, one Italian friend of hers, Mireia and I started walking from there to the Olympic Stadium all together. The main streets to arrive at the top of the Montjuïc Mountain were jammed with cars and even the motorbikes could not run. Outside the stadium, there were plenty of people trying to sell some tickets. It was worrying to see guys offering half price tickets. Nevertheless, when they bought them three months ago they thought the resale would be the best business in their whole life. The entrances were crowded and it was really difficult to walk among the people. Finally we managed to get inside. The next stop was the toilettes. Obviously, for the women’s ones there was the longest queue I have ever seen. So, I decided to go in the men’s toilettes. It was very quick. Already in the court, I met some acquaintances from Cambrils: Dani Morell and the Marina restaurant brothers. Very funny! They were with Nuri Mariné and Laura Gil, very good fiends of mine, but I didn’t see them.
Suddenly, about 30 minutes later than expected, the lights were switched off and the music started. For the entire concert I could only hear the sound because I could not see the group. I’m too small or people are too big, but I could only see rows of heads in front of me. So, for me the concert was like an “act of faith”: I must believe Sting, Andy Summers and Steve Copeland were the three on stage but I cannot swear it because during the concert I didn’t see them. I have see them only in pictures, the ones Paula took. I really enjoyed the spectacle. Sting still conserves his broken typical voice. Andy Summers was perfect on drums and the guitar sounded nice. I don’t like crowded concerts, but I have to confess that yesterday was a great day.
At the end, we met Raúl and Emma. Someone offered them tickets for free because he could not sell them. Incredible! Ryan’s was the place where we celebrated one of the best experience of our leisure.